Position: Service Engineer.
Salary: Excellent levels of pay dependant on skills, technical knowledge and experience.
Holiday entitlement: 28 days inclusive of Bank Holidays.
Hours of work: Monday to Friday 8.15 – 5.15pm with half an hour for lunch and two 15 minute breaks. There will be some overtime, and occasional weekend work required. T R Bullworthy Ltd is a market leading supplier of Garage Equipment, with a 27 year history. We are looking for experienced Garage Equipment engineers to join our team of specialists who install, repair and maintain our range of products including vehicle lifts, and MOT test equipment including brake testers, headlamp testers, gas analysers and smoke meters. Previous experience of Garage Equipment products would be an advantage.
Our Engineers work on all types of garage equipment including two & four post lifts, brake testers, gas & smoke analysers, wheel balancers, headlamp aligners, waste oil equipment, tyre changers and other miscellaneous equipment.
The Ideal Candidate would ideally:
- Have a good working knowledge and experience of installation, maintenance, inspection and breakdown repair of Garage Equipment in a field service environment.
- Have the ability to install equipment working from manufacturers’ instruction manuals and our CAD drawings.
- Be a multi-skilled mechanical engineer with pneumatic, hydraulic and electrical expertise, and a proven ability to deliver excellent quality of service to customers.
- Be flexible and willing to work overtime and occasional weekends as requested.
- Be self-motivated.
- Be customer focussed.
- Possess a positive “can-do” attitude towards solving customer problems.
- Be confident and able to work under your own initiative.
- Have excellent communication skills – dealing with colleagues and customers at all levels.
Description of Duties:
Carry out installation, examination, test, repair and calibration of a wide range of Garage Equipment products including vehicle lifts, brake testers, gas analysers and smoke meters. Ensuring control of your own van stock to meet prompt repair deadlines. The continued development of skills required ensuring that all work is completed to a high standard. Occasionally stay overnight away from home.
The following knowledge/qualifications are required or preferred but training will be provided as necessary:
- Extensive electrical and mechanical knowledge.
- LOLER and PUWER legislation awareness.
- Have a good understanding of Health and Safety and it’s practical implications.
Once in our employment, and following training, you will also be required to attend and pass the GEA Lift Engineer Accreditation Scheme. Please note, a full clean UK driving licence is essential. In return we will provide an attractive salary, kitted out van with fuel card, branded workwear and PPE, mobile phone and necessary test equipment.
If you are interested, please submit your CV to email@example.com. Calls and correspondence from agencies will not be accepted.